Monday, July 20, 2009

Possible Lucchetti additions.

About a month ago I got this e-mail from my husband's aunt. It was actually sent to her from a gentleman whos name is Joseph Facchiano. My next step is going to be figure out if and where they fit into the family!


Hi Teri,

I saw your name and I can't help thinking we are related. From what I know, it is a unique spelling.

My mother is Santina Lucchetti. She is the daughter of Frank and Angelina Lucchetti from Cecano, Italy (50 km SW of Rome).

Frank Lucchetti came to America around 1920. He had 2 brothers. Lorenzo (Greensburg, PA) and Sisto (I don't know where he settled).

Perhaps this information will match something in your heritage.

Have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Vince Lucchetti said...

Sisto returned to Italy as best I recollect. Met him years ago when he came to visit with Lorenzo

Vince Lucchetti said...

Frank settled, if I recall correctly, in Allentown, PA.

Unknown said...

Hi All,
Sisto Lucchetti was my great-grandfather. He had two brothers Lorenzo and Francesco (Frank). Francesco settled in Allentown (PA), while Sisto lived in Ceccano (Italy), where I currently live.

Roberto

Vince Lucchetti said...

Roberto, thanks for the verification. I was almost certain that was how it worked out.

Samantha said...

Thank you for your help! I have been so busy with finding work, that I haven't had a chance to work on family history! I will definitely add this to my research!

Vince Lucchetti said...

Samantha, drop a line to the gmail address associated with my account and let's put together our notes. I have a good bit of info and always look to either share or add to it.

Vince Lucchetti said...

Samantha and Roberto, we are linked and I need to get your information to plug into the tree. Please get back with me as soon as you can. I have been able to go another generation back and information Roberto has would be critical to keeping the research going!

Samantha said...

Vince, forgive me but I cannot figure out how to find the gmail address linked to you. Send me a message to abbott.samantha@gmail.com and I will get back to you with my info! If you could send me yours as well, that would be wonderful!

Vince Lucchetti said...

hello, cousin! response sent!

Vince Lucchetti said...

Sisto lived and worked in America - outside of Allentown, until he retired. He met with both Frank and Lorenzo about the property in Italy, and from what I understand, they passed on their interests in it to him, and he returned to Italy.

Roberto may be able to add more to it, as I have no information on Sisto's family - hoping to add that to the tree I have going.